Passion and commitment are the driving forces behind Moama Bowling Club’s success. A stunning multi-purpose dining, conference, entertainment and sporting venue, we are acknowledged along the Murray River as a leader in our industry. We are now looking for a dynamic and experienced individual to join our Duty Manager team.
About the Role
To oversee the day to day operation of the Club including but not limited to ensuring regulations for entry into The Club are met and ensuring that the highest standards of Customer Service are provided to all guests at all times. As Duty Manager you will be the first point of contact for staff and will be responsible for daily maintenance of the roster and allocation of duties to ensure each shift runs smoothly and efficiently. Your sound leadership skills coupled with your professional presentation and excellent communication skills will see you as a highly valued member of our management team. This role is ideally suited to a natural leader who has a keen eye for detail and the ability to drive service, safety and staff management at every level.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Leadership skills to ensure all Team Members follow the correct procedures to guarantee a safe, positive and memorable experience for guests at all times
- Sound knowledge and experience in Hospitality
- Coaching and mentoring skills to train and develop team members
- Dispute resolution techniques to resolve staff and customer grievances in a timely and efficient manner ensuring a positive business outcome is achieved
- Performance Management training and experience
- Ability to think on your feet and effectively respond to and participate in emergency situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and time management skills
- A friendly and outgoing personality and impeccable presentation
- Drive to promote motivation and a positive workplace culture amongst all team members
- NSW Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate required
- NSW Responsible Conduct of Gaming certificate required
- Current First Aid accreditation
This is a key role in our business and it’s important that you are capable of working efficiently in a busy work environment. The roster for this position is on a 4 weekly rotation and includes both day and night shifts and applicants must be available across the 7 day week. As well as a generous salary, this position will enjoy at least 9 days off in every 4 weekly rotation, the provision of meals whilst on shift and have access to Health and Wellbeing programs.
If you have the skills and experience to thrive in this role, apply online through the link below.
Applications close Monday 20th May 2019
For enquiries about this role please call Jo Webb, Employee Relations Manager 03 5481 3777.
For more information please contact Employee Relations on 1800 806 777.